Cynthia Lewis is an attorney in Orlando, Florida whose practice focuses on Student Loan Debt Relief and Consumer Bankruptcy. Ms. Lewis represents both individuals and businesses in Chapter 7 liquidations and, individuals who want to protect some of their assets through Chapter 13 reorganizations. Ms. Lewis is also involved with the representation of creditors and Chapter 7 Trustees.
A second career individual, Ms. Lewis, who is also a Certified Public Accountant, spent a good portion of her career directing the administration of various Orlando law firms. Most recently, she served nine years as the Orlando Office Administrator for a national law firm.
Her varied experience with human resource issues, construction and equipment projects and budgetary concerns, as well as, life experience, gives her a deeper appreciation of the difficulties facing the individuals and businesses she represents.
Ms. Lewis is a member of the Florida Bar, Orange County Bar Association, Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, American Bar Association and the Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers. She is certified to appear in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Ms. Lewis graduated from the Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, College of Law located in Orlando, Florida and cum laude from Florida Southern College.
Areas of Practice
- Student Loan Debt Relief
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009
- Florida A&M University College of Law, Orlando, Florida
- J.D. - 2007
- Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida
- B.S. in Accounting cum laude - 1990
- A.S. in Business - 1978
- Honors: Dean's List
- Columbia College, Columbia, Missouri
- Bankruptcy Overview, Florida Auctioneers Academy, 2009 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Member, 2008 - Present
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Lawyers Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, 2010 - Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2009 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2007 - Present
- Certified Public Accountant