The law firm of James Monroe PA, located in Orlando, Florida, practices in the areas of Student Loan Debt Relief, Bankruptcy, and Debtor/Creditor Issues. In 1993, I established my own firm in Orlando, Florida and I represent clients in the counties of Lake, Orange, Seminole, Volusia, Osceola, and Brevard in Central Florida.
I have over 25-years experience as a skilled and professional Bankruptcy Lawyer. I pride myself on delivering quality, ethical, professional and effective legal representation to each and every client. My commitment to these principles is reflected in my membership and participation in various practice related professional associations. I offer personalized attentive service to my clients and will always be available to answer any questions that you may have.
In addition, I represent both individuals and commercial clients in bankruptcy proceedings at the state and federal level in Florida. I handle bankruptcy proceedings that include filing on behalf of an insolvent individual, or business, or creditors seeking distribution of the debtor's remaining assets, thereby discharging the debtor from further obligation. I am the only attorney in Orlando with dual certification in both Business and Consumer Bankruptcy.
State laws and procedures vary greatly making it extremely important to consult with an experienced and knowledgeable attorney who focuses on this particular area of law. You can trust the law office of James Monroe, PA to handle your Student Loan Debt Relief and Bankruptcy needs.
Contact us today for a free consultation. I welcome the opportunity to serve your legal needs.
Areas of Practice
- Student Loan Debt Relief
- Bankruptcy Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law, American Board of Certification
- Florida, 1980
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1982
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 1980
- Law Journal: American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Associate Editor
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- B.A. - 1974
- Major: History and Humanities
- Dealing With Income Tax Problems In Consumer Bankruptcy Cases, The Briefs, Volume 48, No. 4, p. 4, 1997
- Reopening of Case To Pursue Sanctions Against Bank For Post Petition Attorney's Fees, Orange Bankruptcy News, Volume 3,, Issue 1, p. 6, 1996
- Right of Counsel and Student Practice Rules, 2 Am. J. Trial Advocacy 372, 1979
- Recent Developments in Evidence, 3 Am. J. Trial Advocacy 453, 1980
- Solar Radiation as a Property Right in Alabama, The Alabama Real Property Probate and Trust Newsletter
- Chairman of the Seminar Committee and Speaker, 2002 Annual Bankruptcy Seminar, The Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, August 15, 2002
- Speaker, Hot Topics in Bankruptcy Law, The Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, June 24, 2000
- Chairman of the Seminar Committee and Speaker, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy The Complete Picture, Orange County Bar Association, August 25, 1994
- Annual Speaker, Recent Significant Changes in The Tax Code Related to Bankruptcy Law, Florida Society of Enrolled Agents Annual Law Seminar, Valencia Community College, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2002
- Speaker, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Stop Foreclosure and Deal With Tax Problems, Law Week Public Forums Project, Orange County Bar Association, April 22, 1994
- Panel Member, Channel 24 Ask A Lawyer Project, Orange County Bar - 1994, 1995 and 2002
- Speaker, Nuts and Bolts of Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Florida Society of Enrolled Agents Annual Tax Seminar, January 8, 1994
- Speaker, Bankruptcy and the Internal Revenue Service Code, Valencia Community College , November 30, 1994
- Speaker, A General Overview of the Bankruptcy Code and Its Impact On Your Clients, Valencia Community College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, Board of Directors, 1997 - 2003
- Orange County, Chairman, Bankruptcy Law Committee, 1994 - 1995
- Florida Bar, Member, UCC Committee
- Orange County Bar, Co-Editor, The Briefs, 1996 - 1997
- Orange Bankruptcy News, Editor, 1994 - 1996
- Orange County, Chairman, Bankruptcy Law Committee, 2003 - 2004